Manual Transmission issue

Hey everyone, my buddy just had his transmission break this morning on his 2013 Spark. He only had it for maybe 2 weeks? I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with the gear box, or not. When I took my boot off to change out the knob, I noticed that the housing was made of incredibly cheap plastic. My homie's pissed! lol

aZEulzel.jpg

He said it looks like the pin that was holding the lever to the assembly had broke. Didn't get a chance to look at it myself. It's currently being looked at at the chevy dealership service center right now. I'll have more info when he gets it back, tonight

If its just a pin maybe the surrounding area was fractured already. Sounds like a simple fix with new part.

That's what he's hoping for. The dealer will get back to him within an hour from now. He's fairly please overall still, about his 2013 Spark. He just created a thread about it in the "Welcome" section. @Rich & Elisa Smith

*Update* Shifter cable broke. Adjusted too tight at the factory, and it snapped. 5 day repair

Edited by Jopar_X

Ditto. All I saw was the rod. But I couldn't see it passed the console, so my guess would be that the cable is further inside the car(?). Not sure about that though. This was the answer given by the Chevy service department.

• 2 weeks later...

If it goes to a cable, then we might be able to make a small piece that changes the leverage on that cable, resulting in a shorter shift.

If you look at the transmission, there are 2 cables going into it that tie into the shifter 1 for verticle and 1 for horizontal.

• 4 years later...
On 8/15/2013 at 0:17 PM, NoSprak said:

Usually vertical (think going from 3rd to 4th) are rods and the side to side are a cables. The side to side are the ones that require the fancy mechanisms.

Vertical is for 2 4 R.

Just had the horizontal pop out while i was shifting . so i lost 2 4 R. O had to tie a string the the shifter wight so i can get to 1 3 5.