• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I generally refer to mine, as the "little beast".

Sparky. I bet a lot are naming that. But I say " Sparky the green grocery getter!"

Ha ha! Hey! I noticed you're from GR as well! Hi neighbor!

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift
English
Deutsch
Español
Français
Italiano
Português
Русский
alt
alt
Preferences

"Sparky" of course! :shift:

• 1 month later...

My 2013 was Skids (huge Transfomrers fan since G1, so hadta). The 2014 1LT will probably be Skids 2.0, once I get the tinting done and my emblems back on (waiting for one new replacement as one didn't survive) and maybe some personal modding thanks to Plasti Dip.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went with Brutus for mine.

There's a story behind it as my old Mini was named Roxanne. Roxanne went 100 kinds of wrong and left me stranded in New Orleans and is sitting in Baton Rouge being practically rebuilt from the ground up at the BMW/Mini Mega Corp Stealership of soul rape and tears. Her breakdown was right in front of a Chevy dealership and that's where Brutus was parked on the curb. The big $10,990 tag screaming out to me to buy it now and send the Mini into pleasure duty / toy car retirement. As the flatbed took the Mini away I was already signing paperwork. So here he is.. Brutus.

The name itself was chosen because it too will meet a similar fate due to my 25k+ miles per year driving load. When that day comes I will stand on the side of the road beside its broken corpse and exclaim loudly "Et tu, Brute?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First post! Glad to see the Spark community is having fun with this enjoyable little car.

I started naming my cars about a decade ago - not sure why. My first car with a name was my 2000 Mazda 626 LX V6, "Ella". This was a double entendre, "ella" being short for the car's Japanese model name (Capella) and the way that V6 sang like a certain Ms. Fitzgerald.

Later on, I bought my 1989 Jeep Cherokee, "Amy". I felt that, what with her mother American Motors having passed around the time of her birth, it would be honorable to give her a fitting moniker. Amy herself is on the verge of being put down soon, due to a collection of expensive fluid leaks and various other ailments. She has served me well, but it is time to send her on.

I replaced the Mazda with a 2004 Mini Cooper. She joined my fleet on the weekend of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee Celebration; hence she became known as "Jubilee". She had her share of problems, most impressively a complete and total MANUAL transmission failure (not automatic, mind you) about six months and 6000 miles into my ownership. This after I had taken a 3000-mile vacation trip from Colorado to Michigan with no problem whatsoever. She was struck by lightning in Florida, which killed her alternator to the tune of $800 (covered by insurance, thankfully). And last year, as the AC compressor died and various electrical gremlins began to speak with their distinct Oxford accent, my wife and I decided to trade her in.

Which brings me to our 2014 Spark 1LT - not the car we were originally looking to buy, mind you, but the car we drove first and fell pretty hard for. As I was bringing her home that afternoon, it struck me that she needed a name.

Realizing that this was the first time I'd ever purchased a vehicle on a weekday, I offered up "Wednesday" as her new moniker. Like her counterpart from the Addams Family, she is soft-spoken but quick-witted.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Duncan :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...