Black reflective vinyl for bowtie blackout.

So I had to buy 30 feet of black reflective vinyl for some work on my car, and I'm going to have a large amount left over. Is there interest in buying pieces for blacking out your bowties? What about making the car frown by putting a couple of stripes in the lower corners of the grille?

Depending on shipping, I'm looking at $10 to $12 for the uncut material for the bowtie, not sure on the frown stripes yet since I don't know how many feet it will take.

If there is interest, let me know and I'll get more firm numbers after I mod my car.

I will also have a bunch of 2 inch wide red reflective material for the door jams and hatch edges, they sent the wrong color so it will be a bit before I get that done. I should have enough red left for one or two cars once I finish mine and would be happy to kit this up too.

But yours aren't reflective.

So that was you sneaking around in my garage ? B)

Mine are "gloss" which I thought you meant. Do post pics of the reflective type..since even when I searched on eBay...most results come back with reflective "tint". The one I did find just looks more "very glossy" more than reflective.

Edited by respdoc

The stuff I have is kind of a semi-gloss and glows white when light strikes it so it has a dual personality. It's not as bright as the other colors because the black overlay eats some of the reflection, but still pretty visible at night when headlights hit it.

I now also have a bunch of white reflective material, they didn't want me to ship it back so I have 30 feet of white reflector that I may or may not use, this would work well on a white car for accents at night and be mostly invisible during the day. Might be nice for the door jams on the white cars.

This is where I bought the rolls:

http://www.colebrothers.com/reflective/ note how much less reflective the black is next to the other tapes, used alone it looks really good.

Edited by Greg_E

The stuff I have is kind of a semi-gloss and glows white when light strikes it so it has a dual personality. It's not as bright as the other colors because the black overlay eats some of the reflection, but still pretty visible at night when headlights hit it.

I now also have a bunch of white reflective material, they didn't want me to ship it back so I have 30 feet of white reflector that I may or may not use, this would work well on a white car for accents at night and be mostly invisible during the day. Might be nice for the door jams on the white cars.

Ok..I see what you were talking about it. It's more "street-sign" reflective than just a really high gloss.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the badge blackout seems to last just fine so I think I can let them go for about $12 including shipping in the USA.

I'm still not sure about the frown, I can cut them and it will be around $20 shipped, but I'm not really happy with them and know it definitely takes more practice and probably trying the wet application process. The under bumper part on mine is just hideous, and I don't like the angle. I think paint or plasti-dip would be a better choice because you could get the better angle out over the points in the bumper cover, and the inside "black" area certainly could use being more black. I think mine may come off in favor of paint/plasti dip.

I have a pile of 2 inch wide red and another pile of 2 inch white that can be cut into little pieces to apply to door jams and hatch area, not sure on price but not very much especially if you are ordering something else so the shipping is all included.

• 1 year later...