So, when buying my spark in December, I had asked about a donut . the dealer informed me there wasnt room for one, and that they didnt carry anything for the spark. Well, I happen to come across a free 4x100 donut, and it fits very nicely where that worthless fix-a-flat kit was. Now I need to find a scissor jack, and a lug wrench..as it didnt come with that either. Also need to cut a piece of plywood as there is no usable cover now and the carpet just lays on top of the spare.

I feel like this part of the car was not well thought out. It looks like it has 4 screws to secure a spare, but didnt come with one,and doesnt have a floor panel in the trunk area.

GM is still working on getting the spare tire kit on the market.

Lots of decent scissor jacks at the auto stores, get a large breaker bar and 19 mm socket while you are there. I also bought a thick rubber wheel chock and cut the back out of it for a nice thick jack pad. It all mostly fits where the foam was, but I do still need to make a proper cover.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - In the Chevy Spark Launch Kit, found this info online in a pdf.

Spare Wheek Kit P/N 95144058 (Future Release) Includes 14" mini spare, lug wrench, jack, mounting hardware.

LPO Code is VKX, LPO = Limited Production Option

http://www.vehicleaccessorycenter.com/inc/files/editor/files/13Spark_LaunchKit_v9.pdf

Yep, old news. They also have the camera, body kits , and lowering springs.

• 4 months later...

Must have been a design change?

I bought my Spark in Sept. 2013.

It is a 2013 model.

It is a possibility, these damned build dates are really getting annoying. I bought this car, thinking it was already on the world market for a few years, it seems the 2013 models, were a work in progress, every few months something is changed. Going by the newer people joining on here, the '14's seem to be pretty well on spot, the a/c is good, auto lights, all the annoying problems with the '13's seems to have been taken care of. I still have no regrets in buying this car, but what does piss me off, is that I really didn't need a car, and bought this on a whim, I could have just waited another year, and got an even better loaded car for the same price. I can safely say, again, no regrets, but, this is my first, and last, GM purchase.

Looking forward to it.

So just the spare is 14"?

Or are all the tires 14"?

This a completly stock Spark? w/ OEM?

Thanks

All are 14 as i got the stupid steel wheels not alloys and my engine is not stock now have done minor mods.instead of buying from the company why don't you buy a second hand spare as it is hardly used,i will post the spare wheel locking pic soon as ill have to move the subwoofer.