• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

having all the left over cans i decided to dip the spoiler aswell... 1st coat did about 6 coats and wheel touch ups with another full can. finished products. Low Light pic the trunk

recent pic love my new wheels...

plasti dipped my wheels like 5 months ago, everything is holding up real nice

Posted Images

Also. Did you plasti dip the bowtie on the hatch?

No those are vinyl strips...

Dude. That looks good. I'm about to do my rims no doubt. That strip you did on the side looks nice. How did you do the side decal?

that's ebay $27 shipped just search on eBay Chevy spark decal and scroll down until you see them.. i just checked and they are still 27 bucks... im sure it's easy to just plasti dip it just follow the pattern on the car

the wheel position wont effect balance,just rotation schedule. I can rebalance them at work so its not a big deal, but was just curious with the extra weight if they hopped at all. What do you do to keep your plasti dipped parts clean

For now nothing Lol. just water and a rag. plasti dip sells a solution and it looks like it works great but it's $20 a bottle....

Edited by Paul Delgado

Yeah once the last coat is on you gotta peel the tape right away... peel downward and use a new or sharpened blade for help if its dry then use a blade right off the bat. make a cut under the tape and run it to whereever its taped off

Edited by Paul Delgado

I finally finished my Blue Bullet :) I did tje stripes on the hood, the fin, And the side fender stripes. Well, my brother did, he paints Cars for a living lol.

very cool

take a full car pic and post it in the "show off your car" thread.

did you get the rear stripe idea from ebay ? good work

BTW just picked these up from Pasedena thanks to Craigslist...$40 for all 4 !

IMG_20130708_200423_zps609fc3ca.jpg

Tires are shot to hell so i'll have buy them probably go with 205/40/17

wheels are a bit banged up but thats ok i can take care of that .

looks like the guy plastidipped them but he did a crappy job. Seems like he only did either 2 coats or 1 heavy coat. Tried peeling 1 off but it came apart in small pieces so ill be using that layer as a sort of primer and retouch them with another 2 coats

will pick up tires tomorrow and Plastidip them tomorrow aswell.

Edited by Paul Delgado

Gonna venture out and try the Plasti Dip. Going to start with the emblems and see how that turns out. Then maybe move on to cover up all the chrome around the grill. Anyone try to dip the roof rails? Wondering how that would look/turn out.

Gonna venture out and try the Plasti Dip. Going to start with the emblems and see how that turns out. Then maybe move on to cover up all the chrome around the grill. Anyone try to dip the roof rails? Wondering how that would look/turn out.

its an easy and cheap experiment.

heres some personal tips and video tutorials that you should really check out.

Wheels

5 coats minimum maybe a 6th coat to touch up. Thats just a must because its easier to peel off if you ever want to.

How to dip your wheels without taking them off your ride

Instead of using painters tape for brake system use this method so much easier, faster, and cheaper

like this

20130709_175911_zps5fc1948b.jpg

just to reiterate from the video 1st coat should be 50% silver transparency, 2nd coat 30% - 20% transparency, 3 coat shoud either be 5% or all black at this point. At this point you should put your car in reverse a few inches so you can spray the areas you missed. You'll start to see the rims look good on the 5th coat.

whatever you do .... do not do a havy 1st coat... the dip wont settle the same. if you dip anything Allow 10 min to dry per coat. While your dipping your 1st wheel ... by the 4th wheel your 1st should be dry and ready for the next coat.

Edited by Paul Delgado

Did a bow tie this evening. 4 costs. Turned out better then they look in pictures. I love this stuff... Haha. Gonna do the tea blem then I want to try the roof rails. They are so out of place to me with the metallic gloss silverish grey color.. Maybe if they were chrome the would match. But we will see how the PD looks on the rails..

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so after work i decided to buy the plastidip glossifier.

Went down to Osh and accidently bought CLEAR instead of GLOSS.

went home and applied it to the wheels lol

all that did was make my wheels disgustingly flat

20130731_134712_zpsa2346dbb.jpg

called up OSH and they said i could exchange it for another color.... went back and picked up black.

stopped by Pep Boys since i knew they had the biggest variety of colors...

they had black and white for $6.99

All Blaze colors for $9.99

Metallics Bronze and Gun Metal for $9.99

Glossifier for $8.50

did about 2 or 3 coats of black so i can get the normal look back

20130731_154155_zpsd8e90b64.jpg

had lunch and then i applied the gloss.

1st coat

20130731_155252_zps3e394a0c.jpg

4th coat & done

20130731_164350_zps79e6b00f.jpg

after maybe 30 min of drying.

20130731_164635_zps6412e3b7.jpg

20130731_164704_zpsf0cf276e.jpg

wiped the Quarter panels down with Mothers Showtime Detailer works like a charm. If you dont want to spend the $7 a simple microfiber towel and elbow grease will remove any spray drops that got on the car... The showtime just makes it easier.

Did you do th side strip with Plasti dip as well?

no i got mine on ebay

got it from this seller for $27

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Spark-Door-Protector-Decal-Sticker-Black-Carbon-Black-4PCS-/171064606572?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d43ebf6c

looks like there a cheaper seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ArtX-Side-Door-Guard-Decal-Sticker-for-Chevy-Holden-10-Spark-Matiz-/251282440753?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8199c231&vxp=mtr

but this guy did do his with plasti dip...

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1262-2013-spark-black-plasti-dip/

if you try the plasti dip method... once you spray the last coat quickly remove the tape so they dip doesn't dry on the dip

Edited by Paul Delgado

I went totally all out and tried pink and black plasti dip, I love the results. I would post pictures but I have no idea how to do it.

to post pics

go to photobucket.com and sign up for free

depending on how you take your pics if it's with a camera you can upload the pics to photobucket.com from your camera when it's connected to your computer

if you have an Android phone or iphone you can download the app and upload directly

Paul,

Great pics, thanks for sharing! I really like the $27 door decals and PD spoiler. I think these are going to be my first Spark mods.

hey no prob.

im just glad I was able to help a few people here with my experience...

btw a member here also dipped his spoiler by removing it from the car... that's something I want to try

good luck to you and happy dipping