Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theresa Dixon

paint

13 posts in this topic

My paint on my Spark is chipping off. Is anyone else having this problem?

djp likes this

Nope not "yet", though hope it does to give me a reason to give it new color

Mine seems to be hanging on so far. :)

Where is it happening and pictures please.

I have a rock chip on my hood edge, but it's not growing or anything. No problems with paint here. I just waxed mine for the second time. Did you purchase yours used? Could it have been repainted?

Waxed for the second time? I have waxed mine over 40 times since January, lol.

Mine is starting to collect a few, but really only after they painted it to "blend" the color after the deer accident repair. I did have a couple small nicks in the bumper cover before the deer, but it was holding up pretty well over all. Need to get some touch up paint.

Mine is starting to collect a few, but really only after they painted it to "blend" the color after the deer accident repair. I did have a couple small nicks in the bumper cover before the deer, but it was holding up pretty well over all. Need to get some touch up paint.

Just hit another deer and hope the blood match's the Salsa red color :shift:

I have quite a few rock chips. I have never had a paint job chip this easily. I even have a chip about 8'' above the windshield on my roof!

Smikster likes this

I have a 2013 Salsa Red Spark that I bought the end of January 2014. I am noticing several chips in the paint on the hood. I don't recall any rocks hitting the hood or any other "injury" to my Spark. I am very disheartened by this. Anybody else with this issue?

Yes. I spent $15 for some touch up paint and keep in the car for whenever I notice a new chip. I have the black metallic.

This is pretty common on new cars this day and age with the EPA regulations on paint. The net is scoured with many different makes with this problem. The only way to prevent it is to get a clear bra.

My Paint on my 2016 spark has started to chip off in about 4 different spots on the car, I haven't even had the car for a year :( bought it brand new.