Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

Got mine back with the new compressor yesterday and I will admit it is much better but it still cycles every now and then. No where near as much as before though.I am throwing in the towel for now and gonna wait until GM comes up with the "permanent" fix.

That's good to know that it's a little better. I still need to bring mine in for an oil change soon. Then they are going to look at my recirculate actuator. They said it either the motor, AC control unit, or computer relearn. Then I still have that high pitch noise after I shut the car off. It happens every time now. It takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes after shutoff for the noise to start. The noise lasts no longer than a minute or so. I'm no 100% positive it's the AC compressor seals bleeding by after shut off, equalizing.

The rating on JD Power shows the climate control is a trouble spot on these cars, but so far everything else is not problematic, or has a pattern of failure. Unfortunately, this one area will drag the overall reliability down for the car.

Car is at the dealer and they'll call me once the inspection is over.

BTW

20130716_140318-1_zps536243a2.jpg

saw a 2LT ... looks like it was done and ready to go.

At first i thought it was a dealer car but it has CA plated and a different Plate frame... Maybe it was taken for the same issue

I was told Thursday by 10am they should get the compressor....

btw

20130716_164623_zpsf6993a0e.jpg

that's my rental

they didn't have anything similar to a spark... so they agreed to put me in whatever I wanted... i asked for a camaro and they didn't have one so I just got the biggest scrap of metal they had... i don't mind the mpg to be honest... It actually still gets better mpg than my 89 camaro

its awesome to have that ac blowing aswell

Edited by Paul Delgado

My stopped working coming from Dallas to hoist and the lady told me that I can't drive long distances or it will continue to freeze up on me. So she ordered a censor. The next day I talked to the manager an he said that it ran hot because of the high altitude and had to order a total different part. I basically told them to shove it and will be going to another dealer.

My stopped working coming from Dallas to hoist and the lady told me that I can't drive long distances or it will continue to freeze up on me. So she ordered a censor. The next day I talked to the manager an he said that it ran hot because of the high altitude and had to order a total different part. I basically told them to shove it and will be going to another dealer.

Sorry, suppose to say from Dallas to houston

WTF?!?!

"cant drive long distances" "high altitude"

LMFAO !!!!!!

you did good getting your car the hell outta there ... thats just ridiculous and dame near stupid.

I'm now thinking about taking mine in. A few people on here are saying their AC is working fine. They must be the lucky ones. I hope they say it's the compressor as well and change it out and everything works out. I really shouldn't be expecting much better results if they do change it out since so many of you guys have replacement compressors that are having the same problem as the original.

Edited by Trancer07

A few people on here are saying their AC is working fine. They must be the lucky ones.

You also have to take into account that different people have different reactions to the heat.

My Grandmother (RIP) used to walk around all summer long in a sweater and my sister freezes if you put the air on at all.

Me on the other hand, I sweat when the temperature goes above 80°, and prefer temps in the mid 60's.

People come here in the summer to lay on the beach, and I think they are crazy.

I walk around most of the winter in just a sweatshirt, so the weak A/C is a very big deal to me, while it may not be for others.

My ac does ok but it's not right. That's why I'm waiting for a full fix. Here in FL if they make it worse than what it is I will be pissed. Just like the cluster of crap with the Mylink update. By the time they upgraded mine they were on revision D. I'm waiting for now b

Year: 2013
Model: LS
Transmission: Auto
Build date: unknown
Problem: Yes

The A/C started acting a little wonky in June 2013. The intensity at which it blew would fluctuate for no apparent reason. I could be idling or driving and it would just start blowing a lot, and then a little, and then a lot, and then a little. I also noticed it would be cold when I was accelerating and then more of a cool air when idling.

I took it to the dealer in June 2013 and they said the freon was a little low so they topped it off. I didn't think it felt much better, but I had a busy couple of weeks so I ignored it.

My husband and I drove from SC to OH this weekend and noticed our A/C vents had vapor coming through them! I have video of it. So my husband stopped and looked under the hood and saw that the coils were frozen. The A/C was still working and we were in OH for a funeral so there wasn't much we could do.

The A/C worked fine during the drive home. We unpacked the car and then headed out about 3 hours later for food and the A/C wasn't working at all. It was blowing hot air!

This morning we turned the car on to check it and it was still malfunctioning. On the drive to the dealership, it would blow coolish air when I accelerated above 4, but anything below 4 was hot.

The dealer looked it over and said it was the compressor. That part is on backorder so I'm in a rental as they wait for the part.

I really hope this fixes the issue because I adore my car, but it is too hot in SC to not have properly functioning A/C!!

Ended up with a Cruze because they were too busy to work on my car... Costing me between $30 and $40 for the insurance per day on the rental.

Most credit cards will cover the collision coverage on a rental. But how did that work out, that you have to pay? That's total bullsh*t.