Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

Bummer, that you're having all that trouble with the dealership, but as you correctly point out, price of the car is not an issue, you brought in a new car, it should be treated as such, and leave the dealership in the same cosmetic condition, not looking like it was worked on by the three stooges. Problem is some of these "techs" take no pride in their work, and it's not only GM, a friend of mine had to make three trips to a Toyota dealership, to get his horn working. Hopefully the girls on the board here will get it sorted out for you. Keep us informed.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

Here is their work.

New wire straight across to ac line. It goes right in the path of the serpentine belt.

3BF79BB9-173E-4113-91D9-57A853FFAEB1.jpg

Then goes right to this ball if so called extra wire on top of the strut tower. Could not even make it tight, hidden or clip off any zip tie ends.

11571B24-0D5E-486A-BD8F-683C99D2E3DA.jpg

35CA9441-AD58-4AC3-9FB8-B26F252DB20B.jpg

Slice the grommet for the firewall, now when spread it's a big gash in it.

9B082C8A-4492-4CB2-9982-70E996A1E8D1.jpg

This is how it is suppose to be done.

4AD7F386-0CFF-483E-BB53-B3E26D6F629B.jpg

BF23A11C-081B-44F8-8BAB-74A51350787E.jpg

This is inside behind the pass kick panel. They add the 2 wires to this plug and just passes through. This is so later on the harness can be disconnected for future work. It was never clipped back to the wall and the retainer clip broke off.

130DE455-3E52-49DD-9290-C0E3EC3C656E.jpg

This is the temp sensor connector that is suppose to be intercepted with the Y pigtail. This was just dangling not clipped anywhere.

30C3660F-379B-44D9-BC7E-A30A61613293.jpg

Then this is the pigtail wire harness that was just wrapped around the blower motor wire harness. All I did was unwind the wire to pull it out and as you can see it's connected to itself. This is where I lost it after I discovered this. How in the hell is this doing anything.

06D9E127-17A3-4135-B2BC-9F630448DC7A.jpg

Then no where on the service report does it show any BCM update for the new program.

That sure is one hell of a mess, the best part is where the harness plugs into itself, I know I would be raising hell. Also, as you know, the first recall called for the BCM update along with the revised eta sensor, and cam.

Right now I need to find out my exact build date down too the day and time. This is dependent on how to trouble shoot and fix the issue. The fix discusses previous fixes that we all know about. But some are needed and some rant all by the day of manufacture and trouble shoot yes and no answers to move on. This is why I'm not positive they did none of trouble shooting. They could not even connect the wire right, you gotta love their connection, lol. Even my 12 year old said what the heck good does that do!

So is there anyone that can run my vin for build date and build sheet?

• 10 months later...

Car is back at the dealer since Saturday and still screwed up. I have a list of items they are trying to fix but speaking with the mechanic directly I was told my AC was working as designed????

All they did was attach the wire that was not attached, no BCM update, or AC compressor replacement as of yesterday. I expressed my concerns and was told that the car is not finished yet. But why tell me it's working as designed. I don't believe they have a clue on what to do like follow the directions that Chevy Engineers have put out in a 18 page fix.

Oh, and according to them the AC compressor does not make any noise after shut off and if it did they would not be able to hear in in the service bays, are you freaking kidding me!!!

Well got my Spark back and they connected the wire, said the update was already done, and after many arguments they replaced the compressor. I can say so far the AC is better. It does not feel as bad as before but it was only one afternoon. The good thing it's so freaking hot now that it will be a good test and I have a positive feeling this time.